You know your beautiful dining room table? Think about your toddlers or kids tackling their homework, coloring a picture, eating a meal, or even working on a science experiment on it. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, right? Every home with kids and toddlers needs a dedicated kid’s activity tables to avoid a ruined piece of adult furniture and to give kids a space of their very own.
Most kid’s activity tables are scaled down to size, with perfectly appropriate chairs for them to sit on. Many have built-in storage so you can get your kid’s art supplies tucked away between use. We’ve found top 10 kids activity tables on every end of the spectrum. They vary in size, price point, and function, but they’re all a welcomed addition to any home with children and will save your sanity.
Shop the best kids activity tables below:
1. Crayola Wooden Table & Chair Set
- Bright, bold, colorful design
- Storage and chairs included
- Can be used for snacks, activities, coloring, etc.
- Difficult to assemble
- Made of thin particle board, not wood
- Chairs are a bit high for small toddlers
Looking for a bright and colorful activity table for your kids? This table is super unique, with bold design by Crayola, the biggest brand when it comes to kid’s crafts. It has storage pockets around the edge of the table and storage bins underneath – the only negative is that the shorter edges make the contents more visible. It doesn’t require a bit of assembly but it’s worth it for the awesome finished product.
2. Costzon Kids Table & 2 Chairs Set
- Built in storage bins under the table
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Built with kid friendly features like rounded edges and handles on the chairs
- Not the most sturdy option due to the lightweight nature
- Pink chairs are not gender neutral
- Too small for older kids
This activity table set is certainly designed with kids in mind. It has rounded edges to avoid injury and lift handles on the chairs so they’re easier to move. The table has four storage bins tucked underneath and is lightweight enough to easily be moved by kids. The table is perfect for snacks, arts and crafts, and many other activities.
3. ECR4Kids Bentwood Multipurpose Kids Table & Chair Set
- Easy to clean with just a damp cloth or sponge
- Comes fully assembled so you don’t have to worry about putting anything together
- Very versatile and sleek design that will look great in any space
- Price point
- May be some imperfections in the wood
- Storing chairs under table is a tight fit
If you’re looking for a sleek and simple design for a kid’s activity table, this is a great option for you. The chairs and tables are built to be used in a number of ways – either as benches, stools, chairs, desks or activity tables – growing with your child. Everything comes fully assembled so you don’t have to worry about assembling anything. It’s also super easy to wipe clean with simply a damp cloth or sponge.
4. ALEX Toys Artist Studio Super Art Table With Paper Roll
- Includes paper, cutter, storage, benches and more
- Everything for assembly included – easy assembly
- Well priced
- Very heavy
- Can be hard to clean off certain paints/markers
- Not great for other activities besides art
If you have a tiny artist at home, then this table is a must have and has been rated one of the best toys for kids by Dr. Toys. It comes with two benches, 100ft. hanging paper roll, paper cutter, canvas storage bin, three removable storage cups, and assembly tools and hardware. It’s great for slightly older children given the height. If you’re not into the bold colors pictured here, you can also order this table in white.
5. Craft Table & Two Kids Chairs
- Easy to assemble, simply screw on the legs
- Beautiful design with soft colors
- Sturdy and durable
- Lightweight so kids can easily move the table
- No storage included
- Chairs might be too small for older children
If you’re looking for an activity table that’s not harsh on the eyes, you’ll love this affordable table set that’s so very pretty in any room. The assembly is so easy and doesn’t require any tools – you simply spin the table and chair legs on. It’s also easy to keep clean between uses, requiring just a damp cloth to wipe it down. If you need two more chairs, you can buy them separately here.
6. Kaplan Early Learning Company STEM Exploration Table
- Great for teaching children and exploration
- Tons of space for storage
- Can be used with multiple children
- Does not include chairs
- Takes up a good amount of space
- Price point
While expensive, this table is worth the high price point with everything that’s included. It’s an invaluable tool for teaching your children, with blocks included that help children to explore magnets, heat, magnification, and more. It also has tons of storage to accommodate a variety of supplies and specimens.
7. Play Platoon Kids Activity Table Set – 3 in 1 Water Table, Craft Table & Building Brick Table
- Many functions including water table, activity table, and building block surface
- Great height and size for kids
- Good price point
- Top can be difficult to switch
- Table is lightweight and can easily be moved
- Hard to get LEGO blocks on and off
We love this table because of all the many functions. It can be converted into a building block table, a water table, or simply an activity table for coloring or meal time. The primary colors are perfect for a kid, and you can purchase the table in either round or square options depending on your space. It also has tons of storage to keep blocks or coloring supplies out of site.
8. Baby Relax Hunter 3 Piece Kiddy Table & Chair Set
- Sturdy and well-made wood
- Perfect height for kids
- Small lip around the table keeps supplies on the table
- Needs to be assembled
- Doesn’t have storage built in
- Only comes with two chairs
Available in grey and white, this children’s table has hundreds of amazing ratings. It’s a sturdy set made from solid wood and when assembled comes to the perfect height for kids. The table has a border with a small lip, keeping all of you kid’s supplies on the table where they belong.
9. JOYMOR Multipurpose Kids Table & Chair Set
- Good for both younger and older children
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Lightweight but sturdy plastic
- The storage isn’t hidden and doesn’t have edges, so thinks can be seen/fall off
- The chairs of the arms make it hard for very small children to climb on
- Only comes in pink and blue
The bottom shelf of this table is a great spot for safekeeping supplies. The chairs are good for both young and older children and are very easy to assemble and wipe clean. You can purchase it in both blue and pink depending on your preference.
10. Cosco Kids Furniture Seven Piece Children’s Table Set
- Easy to fold and store/transport
- Wipes clean quickly and easily
- Six chairs, large enough for the whole family
- Table isn’t the most permanent looking
- Not large enough for adults to sit in comfortably
- No storage for activity supplies
With six chairs, this activity table stands out from the rest. If you have a large family or need space for multiple children to enjoy their activities, this might be the right choice for you. All of the chairs fold for easy transportation and storage, and the legs of the table simply unscrew. While it’s not the most permanent looking option, the bright bold colors and quality make it worth the purchase.